One of the most sought out features of Education Walkthrough is the ability to share teachers and templates across an entire school or a district. This feature is very important for a group of administrators to utilize in order to standardize on a set of approved walkthrough templates.
In order to get started with sharing, it is important to know which version of the app you have. This could be free, individual premium or school and/or district premium. Depending on your answer, there is a different set of instructions.
As a free user, you have access to perform walkthroughs with a set amount of teachers. Yet you do not have access to the ability to share teachers or templates. To learn more about the premium benefits, see our plans.
You are an individual premium user if you paid upgraded your account through the app. More specifically, if you went to Settings –> Premium and paid on a monthly or yearly basis, you are in this bucket.
To get started:
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “Share Teachers & Templates”
- Type in your colleague’s email address.
- If they already have the app, they will be granted access to see your teachers and templates.
- If they do not have the app, the app will say “Tap to Add”. Once you click this, the user will receive an invitation through their email to join the app.
Note: In order to share teachers and templates, all other users must also be premium users.
School and/or District Premium
If you were invited through your school or district to join the app, then you are a School and/or District Premium user. For this level, only the School and/or District Admins can adjust the settings for Sharing Teachers and Templates.
To get started:
- Log in to the Education Walkthrough Dashboard
- Once you are logged in, select a school from the drop-down menu in the top blue bar.
- Now you are in a specific school, Go to “Settings”
- Find the Sharing section
- Here you can control the ability to turn “On” sharing for that specific school. You can turn On or Off the ability to share templates and teachers.
Note: Only School and/or District Admins can adjust these settings.
Is your sharing not working?
Once these settings have been made. It may take 3-5 minutes for the individual user’s apps to update. If they do not update with the shared teachers or templates, then log out of the app and back in. This should refresh the app.
If your sharing is still not working, please email firstname.lastname@example.org